Vehicle Checklist & Basic Scrutineering List
- Tow hooks clearly identifiable front and rear
- Working Taillights/Brake lights
- Catch Cans, no venting straight from cam covers - minimum of 0.5L catch can
- Check oil lines and connections for leaks - Triple check these
- Check fuel lines and connections for leaks - Triple check these
Seats mounted firmly with 4 points of contact.
Harnesses/Seatbelts attached appropriately
Fire Extinguishers - 1kg minimum, mounted securely within reach of driver.
Alternate fuels - If you're running Methanol, C16 or any other complex other than a pump gas. You will need to provide a fuel specific fire extinguisher. Why? Check at the bottom.
Roll cage is not required to enter, but is required to take passengers. No need for homologation but cage must be to a high standard. Half cages, ideally must have side intrusion.
Check wheel nuts are correctly torqued after each session and after replacing tyres. 4 stud = 4 wheel nuts, 5 stud = 5 wheel nuts. No exceptions.
- Bonnet pins/latch secure
Battery - Securely mounted, if re-located it must be inside a battery box. Note: Dry-Cell is fine exposed.
Exhaust positions - Must exit no sooner than behind the front door to eliminate exhaust gases entering the car. Note: Please point this downward with a bend to avoid spraying our marshals with excess fuel.
Exhaust db - Keep it reasonable, throw a resonator in.
Wastegates out bonnet/other alternative way - please keep the pipe no longer than 40mm-50mm out the bonnet
One thing we have, and most likely always will promote, is the present-ability of the cars that attend the advanced level events. We understand everyone is on a budget, a little effort really does goes along way. We don't ask alot but if you are attending an advanced event please try your best start the day off running the following:
- Headlights - if not, headlight covers
- Bumpers - man up and run them, they look better on rather than sitting in the pit garage.
If you have any questions feel free to send us a message via the "contact us" link in the main menu.