Drift Matsuri NZ - Car Standards and Checklist
So you're interested in coming along to New Zealand Drift Matsuri, awesome! There are a few things you may need to know before getting in contact with us.
The main thing we are trying to achieve here in New Zealand is increasing the level of car and driver standard, along with another key factor, style. Keep in mind, most of these are very easy to achieve with little money on trademe.co.nz or facebook buy/sell/swap pages.
- All guards and panels present
- Fire Extinguishers - 1kg minimum, mounted securely within reach of driver.
- Alternate fuels - If you're running Methanol, C16 or any other complex other than a pump gas. You will need to provide a fuel specific fire extinguisher. Why? Check at the bottom.
- Check oil lines and connections for leaks
- Check fuel lines and connections for leaks
- Tyre choice - No restriction on size or brand but we recommend choosing those who support Drift Matsuri :)
- Exhaust positions - Must exit no sooner than behind the front door to eliminate exhaust gases entering the car.
- Exhaust db - Keep it reasonable, throw a resonator in.
- Seats mounted firmly with 4 points of contact.
- Harnesses/Seatbelts attached appropriately
- Roll cage is not required to enter, but is required to take passengers. No need for homologation but cage must be to a high standard.
- Battery - Securely mounted, if re-located it must be inside a battery box. Note: Dry-Cell is fine exposed.
One thing we have, and most likely always will promote, is the presentability of the cars that attend the advanced level events. We understand everyone is on a budget, a little effort really does goes along way. We don't ask alot but if you are attending an advanced event please try your best start the day off running the following:
- Headlights - if not, headlight covers
- Bumpers - man up and run them, they look better on rather than sitting in the pit garage.
If you have any questions feel free to send us a message on Facebook Click Here
Want a downloadable version of basic driver and car standards? Check below: